This is one of my favourite easy weeknight dinners, introduced to me by a dear friend who at the time had just given up meat (and is still too this day completely vego!). There are lots of different ways you can tweak this recipe - whether its the type of tahini you use (I prefer the runny consistency of hulled tahini for a simple pour and spread approach, but unhulled tahini or black tahini also work for a deeper/nuttier flavour), or mixing it up on herbs and spices or toppings to add texture.
The primary ingredients are cauliflower, tahini, and some array of herbs and spices for flavour. I’ve been using a variety of mushroom powders by Teelixr recently to really amp up the nutrient density of the dish as a whole (if you’re curious, be sure to check out their website and see just what incredible benefits mushroom powders can have on your health! You can even use my discount code if you’re keen to get your hands on some).
Here’s the basic recipe —-
Whole Organic Cauliflower (or half if being served as a side between two people)
1/2 Cup Hulled Tahini
Sprinkle Pink Salt
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Lemon Essential Oil
1 TBSP Ground Coriander
2 TBSP Hemp Seeds (or any other seeds - flaxseeds/crushed sunflower seeds also work)
2 TSP Cordyceps Powder (OPTIONAL)
1. Chop the stem from the cauliflower so it sits flat on a baking tray (alternatively, split the cauliflower into two halves and lay on tray flat side down).
2. Drizzle the cauliflower with extra virgin olive oil until completely covered (making sure the tray is well oiled underneath).
3. Drizzle with hulled tahini and spread across the cauliflower using the back of a spoon.
4. Sprinkle the top of the cauliflower with the pink salt, coriander, cordyceps and 5-10 drops of lemon essential oil (or a drizzle of lemon juice).
5. Sprinkle with hemp seeds before placing in the oven to bake at 180 degrees celcius for 40 minutes (until cauliflower is soft and soft when pricked).
6. Allow to cool slightly before serving as a side or base of a meal.
Please do feel free to get creative with this one!
I’d love to see what you come up with - be sure to tag @thechroniccollective and #NOURISH in your pics!