There's nothing like warming green soup when the weather gets cool and you need a little something to nourish your bod. I like to prepare this little number on the weekend so I know I have a go-to meal during the week, even something to take for lunch on a work day!
Its SO so easy, and so SO nourishing, full of vitamins and minerals and protein AND greens --- give it a go!
3 cups organic beef bone broth
2 bunches Broccolini
2 whole Zucchinis (chopped)
2 large stems of Kale
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
3 drops basil essential oil (I use doTERRA, you could also use basil infused oil)
5 drops cumin essential oil (again, doTERRA, or cook in 2 tsp ground cumin)
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Coconut yoghurt, goats cheese, hemp seeds.
For this recipe I used a small (20L) slow cooker, but could also easily be made on the stove and simmered for a shorter length of time.
1. Add bone broth to slow cooker (you’ll find my simple recipe for bone broth HERE --- chicken bone broth or vegetable stock would also work)
2. Remove the ribs from the kale and tear roughly. Add to slow cooker or pot.
3. Add chopped zucchinis and pink salt.
4. Leave to simmer on high in slow-cooker for 6-8 hours.
5. Blend using a stick blender or food processor (I transferred into my vitamix and blended there) .
6. Add essential oils, prior to one final quick blend --- serve and enjoy!
Top with coconut yoghurt/goats cheese and hemp seeds for added deliciousness.